Benefits of Membership
- An official Tuskegee Airmen, Inc. Membership ID card – showing your unique Membership ID number and expiration date or Life Member status.
- With all regular memberships, you become a subscriber to our “Flight Plan” newsletter.
- Your ID number allows you access to the Members-Only portion of our chapter website and numerous useful information.
- Chapter member-only apparel (worn at special programs, parades and outreach events). The most important benefit of membership however, is that is provides a mechanism for you to get involved in helping TAI advance its mission. You are able to do this by volunteering to serve on committees (ie: Youth In Aviation, Educational Assistance, et. al.) to contributing articles to local and national TAI publications to making presentations at schools, churches and other organizations or by simply adding your two bits to the community conversation.
The legacy of the Tuskegee Airmen is an important part of American History that must not be lost. But to ensure that the lessons that they have taught us are passed on to future generations, we need nowledgeable members, committed to the task of carrying out our mission which is:
“To perpetuate the historic legacy of the Tuskegee Airmen and to encourage and assist minority youth in pursuing post-secondary education and careers in the aerospace industry.”
ARE YOU READY TO ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE?
General Membership Info
• Life (L)
• Annual (N – Not a Life Member)
• Regular (R)
• Student (S)
• Honorary (H) – chapter level designation
• Organizational (O) – pending approval (added for info purposes only)
Note: National By-Laws (2007) also includes Family Member (F) category
• Tuskegee Experience (TE)
• Tuskegee Heritage (TH)
• Tuskegee Associate (TA)
Submission of Membership Applications
Applications for membership may be submitted at any time during the calendar year. However, chapters are encouraged to submit applications by April 30 of each year. This is normally the final application submission deadline for eligibility to vote in National elections.
The Chicago Chapter Membership Dues is currently fifty dollars ($50). In addition to that, the National Dues portion are currently structured as follows:
• The total amount required for most memberships is therefore one hundred dollars ($50 chapter & $50 national).
|• Field Grade Officer and Civilian:||$50.00|
|• Company Grade Officer (O1-O3)||$30.00|
|• Active Duty Enlisted||$15.00|
All memberships, with the exception of fully paid Life memberships, have a currency of one (1) year. The membership period is January through December of each calendar year. Dues received after September 30th will be considered as payment for the membership period ending December 31st of the following year.
Life members are still responsible for submitting renewal applications and satisfying annual membership obligations (local dues) to the chapter each year.