Local Educational Assistance Program Application
**Postmark Deadline – February 28, 2015**
|Objectives of the Educational Assistance Program|
The Chicago Chapter of Tuskegee Airmen, Inc. has established the Educational Assistance Program (EAP) to grant financial awards of $1,000 or $1,500 (aviation & engineering majors) to students who demonstrate the qualities of the 15,000 African Americans who received aviation training at Tuskegee Alabama from 1941 – 1948. Applicants should exemplify:
- Vision of their own potential
- Commitment to excellence, perseverance and service
- Thirst for knowledge, personal growth and positive societal change
- Honor and Integrity in actions and behaviors
- Respect for self, others and the legacy of the Tuskegee Airmen.
|Eligibility and Application Criteria|
The Chicago Chapter of Tuskegee Airmen, Inc. will provide awards to qualified high school seniors who will attend an accredited institution as a full-time student the fall of the succeeding school year. The following criteria must be met:
- High school graduation in the spring of the current school year
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- ACT composite of 18 or higher and/or SAT equivalent.
|Application and Submission Requirements|
Prior to a face-to-face interview with the Educational Assistance Committee, the entire application package is evaluated. Before mailing, the applicant should verify the completeness of the package by verifying the following:
- Completed application
- High school transcript, evidencing a 3.0 grade point average
- An essay, double-spaced on one (1) page titled “The Tuskegee Airmen”
- An essay, double-spaced on two (2) pages titled “I Am”
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor or other academic official
- One letter of recommendation from a non-academic individual or professional
The Educational Assistance Committee of the Chicago Chapter of the Tuskegee Airmen, Inc. congratulations you on your decision to pursue higher education. We look forward to receiving your completed application and recommend you make copies of all documents before mailing.
Also, please notify the following individual via email that application has been mailed:
CMSgt Richardson: email email@example.com.